Standards of Excellence
Hospice is a philosophy of care that focuses on quality of life rather than curative treatments, providing care, comfort and support for you and your family.
Hospice can be provided wherever you call home, whether that is your family home, assisted living or even a long-term care facility.
Willow Tree Hospice is a local agency, founded by nurses and deeply rooted in the local community. Our hospice team is dedicated to. providing comfort, pain relief and symptom management. Our commitment to excellence is the keystone of this organization:
We are always available:
- Phone inquiries are handled immediately.
- Admission to hospice typically occurs within two hours of inquiry for qualified patients.
- After-Hour Calls are put directly through to the RN on call—no waiting for a return call.
- Our staff always offers to come to you, regardless of the time or day.
- We maintain a low RN to patient ratio, to ensure highly focused and individualized care.
Highly trained and qualified team:
- The majority of our staff, including CNAs (Certified Nursing Assistants) have additional training in dementia. (Certified Dementia Practitioners/CDP)
- Patients have the same RN (Registered Nurse) and CNA throughout care.
- All of our staff live locally, so they can respond quickly.
- CNA staffing is available up to seven days per week.
Willow Tree Hospice Journeys Program
- For those patients facing issues related to Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, we offer this specialized level of care. An individualized plan of care is developed to include non-pharmacological interventions and activities aimed at enhancing the patients’ quality of life and communication with loved ones. Our team of CDP caregivers is overseen by our Dementia Specialty Nurse.
Families are highly satisfied with Willow Tree Hospice care.
An independent survey by the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) revealed that families surveyed were consistently satisfied with care provided by Willow Tree Hospice.
Willow Tree has consistently demonstrated compliance with Medicare & PA Department of Health standards of care.
Please feel free to call us with questions at any time. 610-444-8733